Monday, November 7, 2011

Big Change


Since May Claire has slept in our room in her pack and play.  Now that she is sitting up and getting bigger, it was time to switch to her crib.  Claire still gets up at least once during the night to eat and I put her pacifier back in her mouth at least once an hour, so she is not ready to be moved to her own room yet.  It wasn't fun, but yesterday Troy took apart the crib and rebuilt it by my side of the bed.  The switch was tough for Claire, but she did great.  Poor thing was in tears for about a hour after her 3 am feeding (because she didn't want to sleep in the crib), but I finally got her to sleep and she made it until morning!  I was sooo proud of her, and of me for not caving.  These are picture from our attempt to have Claire take a nap in her crib today.  She lasted 20 minutes and then I let her take the rest of the nap with me.  Lately, she likes to fall asleep with her hands on her face, as if to say, "please, don't disturb me!"

1 comment:

Mma said...

What a BIG girl...good job Megan for not caving in...it certainly can be emotionally draining at such times as these. The hands on her face are really cute.