Thursday, March 22, 2012

Changes

My tiny nicu baby is growing up.  All the changes are positive, but sometimes hard for a devoted mommy.  Over the past week Claire has started going longer and longer between each bottle.  Last night she went 10 hours!!!!  The only reason she woke up at 7am was because Troy's alarm went off.  She now drinks nearly 6oz before bed, which seems crazy when I think about forcing her to drink an ounce in the nicu. 
The fuller tummy I think has also helped her sleep more securely without her mommy.  She is taking all her naps in the pack and play and this week started sleeping partial nights in her crib.  You'd think I would be getting more sleep, but actually I am getting less.  I can't sleep when she is in her crib, it seems every time I finally fall asleep, she wakes up and I have to go in and put her paci back in her mouth.  It's just easier to stay awake.  I'm sure each night both Claire and I will get better at this new stage. 
I'm so proud of her for becoming more independent and growing into such a fun and cute little munchkin. 


No comments: